League of Legends is a massive, multiplayer arena game where players can select from over 100 champions to play however, many of them are not playable from the start. Unlocking them includes purchasing them or receiving them through capsules, which can be obtained by completing in-game challenges or by having a Prime Gaming account.
Prime Gaming is a monthly service that allows its user to redeem rewards for various games including League of Legends, thus giving them access to free champions, skins, emotes, and other in-game items. Here's how to redeem your League of Legends Prime Gaming rewards.
Amazon Prime And Its Benefits
Before claiming the added benefits of Prime Gaming, you must first have a subscription to Amazon Prime. It's a paid subscription service that allows users to expedite shipping when purchasing items from the Amazon store. On top of the two-day shipping, Amazon Prime gives its users access to streaming services like Prime Video, and Prime Music, and discounts to several other places and stores.
Prime Gaming is an added perk to the Prime subscription that allows you to get free games, in-game content, and one free subscription to any Twitch channel. Once you've signed up for an Amazon Prime account, you'll be one step closer to obtaining those benefits.
Getting A Twitch Account
Besides signing up for Amazon Prime, to do this you must also have a Twitch account. Twitch is a live-streaming service where people typically stream video games but can also broadcast music and discussions. Creating the account is entirely free, and you don't have to be a streamer to do it. Once you've got both the Amazon Prime and Twitch account set up, you will have to link them first, to be able to claim any rewards.
Linking The Two Accounts
To link your accounts, you must follow the next steps:
- Go to the Prime Gaming home page on Twitch, click the "Sign In" button on the top right of the page, and select the country you are in.
- After that, sign into your Amazon Prime account and you'll be at the Prime Gaming home screen.
- Once there, click the "Link Twitch Account" on the left of the screen and then log into your Twitch account.
- Confirm that you want both Amazon Prime and your Twitch account linked together, and then you'll have Prime Gaming.
Claiming Your League of Legends Capsule
Before you can redeem your capsule, you must also link your Riot Gaming account to your Twitch account. To do this, follow the next steps:
- Open up Twitch and click "Setting" on the bottom right of the screen under your profile picture.
- Once there, go to the "Connections" tab and there you should see all the accounts and services that are linked to your Twitch account. Find the Riot Games options, and after signing in to your Riot Games account you are now ready to redeem those rewards.
- Going back to the Prime Gaming home page, you'll see a list of free games and redeemable content, find League of Legends and claim this month's capsule.
That's it! From now on, you'll be able to receive free in-game content once a month as long as you have an Amazon Prime subscription.